I don’t do New Year’s resolutions because they have just never stuck for me. Instead, about one month before year-end, I begin planning for the coming year. And I am very excited for 2013 because I have decided to set an aggressive goal for myself – to double my impact!
So, you may be wondering what it means for me to double my impact. Let me share my Top 10 initiatives for 2013 - I call it my 2013 Impact Plan. I look forward to:
- Being a source of love, support, and peace for my partner, family, and friends.
- Providing engaging and educational guidance that will help Temple University undergraduates make better decisions.
- Coaching and inspiring Muhlenberg College seniors to find work they are passionate about in organizations that share their values.
- Welcoming Muhlenberg College first-year students and their families to the Muhlenberg community during August move-in.
- Helping lead the launch of an employee resource group for LGBT employees in my workplace.
- Connecting Muhlenberg alumni with each other in my workplace.
- Providing employees and managers of my firm with learning solutions that help them do, be, and feel better.
- Increasing my commitment to community service, which will include leading and/or participating in Martin Luther King Day of Service and United Way Days of Caring projects.
- Mentoring and serving as a role model for GLBT colleagues who struggle with bringing their whole selves to work and/or coming out to friends, family, and/or colleagues.
- Sharing with my network what I learn after traveling to Turkey.
Okay, now it’s your turn. What impact do you want to have in 2013? Take 15 minutes and jot down some notes. If you feel comfortable, share some or all of your plans here by leaving a comment. And you don’t need a top 10 list like me – 2 or 3 action items are just fine!
I wish you all the best in planning for an impactful 2013!